Assistant Manager – Tap House (VISTA, CA)
APPLICANTS FOR THIS POSITION MUST APPLY AT INDEED.COM USING THE LINK BELOW. YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED WITHOUT COMPLETING THE CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSESSMENT TEST AND RESUME UPLOAD. DISREGARD INSTRUCTIONS HERE——————>>>>>>>
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY VIA EMAIL.
THIS POSITION IS BASED IN VISTA, CA
Job Title: Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager Job Purpose: Assisting the general manager with day-to-day responsibilities, overseeing staff, and providing stable leadership to the company.
Assistant Manager Job Duties Overview:
- Handling customer complaints and resolving issues that employees are not authorized to handle on their own
- Dealing with schedule changes, employee call-ins, and other staffing issues
- Filling in for absent employees as needed to ensure smooth operation of the business
- Acting as a role model for all employees by continuously exhibiting a high level of service and attention to detail in all tasks
- Delegating tasks to employees
- Keeping day-to-day activities organized
- Leading training classes or providing one-on-one training to employees
- Supervising employees and providing additional training and coaching as needed to ensure everyone is performing their job properly
- Resolving disputes between employees
- Addressing employee problems on the job to ensure everyone is thriving in the workplace and satisfied with their job and work environment
- Motivating employees to perform well
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Training employees in proper safety procedures and providing training updates as needed
- Organizing promotions and spearheading marketing efforts by setting up displays and educating customers and employees on promotions or specials
- Managing projects as assigned and organizing teams to assist in these efforts
- Leadership: You will have several people you need to supervise in addition to handling general complaints, last-minute schedule changes, kitchen mess-ups and inventory problems. Assistant managers are leaders and should represent their company and themselves well by acting as a role model to the people reporting to them.
- Organization: There will be a million and one things going on as an assistant manager and everyone will assume that you have it all worked out for them. You should be able to stay focused during busy times and delegate tasks to employees to keep business running smoothly.
- Recruiting and training: Assistant managers are usually the ones responsible for recruiting and interviewing quality people to staff your location, as well as making sure these new employees transition as smoothly as possibly into their jobs. You should be a good teacher who tries to help employees who are having difficulty picking up new skills.
- Being friendly and outgoing: People skills and customer service are a must in this job. Not only will you interact with your employees every day, but you will also need to assist customers when they have questions, concerns or complaints. Put on a happy face and address these issues in a professional manner.
- Staying attentive: This is not a position where you can sit back, forget about the people around you and do your own thing. Your job is to be attentive to your employees by motivating them to succeed and improve. Even if business is slow, keep your staff in high spirits and be as helpful as possible to customers and clients.
Shifts vary depending on the location, but most assistant managers can expect to work a full 40-hour week. Availability on nights, weekends and holidays is also usually required. Assistant Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- -Responsible for familiarization with Mother Earth products at all times, including upcoming releases
- -Assist Marketing Director with event planning, social media content, and other activities as requested
- -Act as craft beer Subject Matter Expert (SME) and provide continuing education to staff
- -Troubleshoot draft equipment issues
- -Conduct daily sampling of beers to ensure freshness and quality and report issues to Management
- -Responsible for daily maintenance and cleanliness of Tap House
- -Responsible for creating a comfortable environment for patrons, including: Lighting, temperature, and entertainment considerations (incl. music volume/type, TV content, etc.)
Management Skills; Leadership; Motivational Skills; Strong Communication Skills; Multitasking; Customer Service; Problem Solving Skills; Creativity; Ability to Work Well Under Pressure; Performance Management; Ability to Foster Teamwork; Organization; Ability to Educate Others; Basic Computer Skills; Attention to Detail
How To Apply
If you are interested in a position listed on this page please email your resume to email@example.com
**Applications without resumes will not be considered